Authorship

Friday, May 1, 2009

Free Comic Book Day: May 2nd!!!

Tomorrow is one of those fine literary moments when people get to act like they are ten-years-
old once again.

Free Comic Book day is a wonderful tradition. The concept is simple, you go to a local you local comic book shop, and you get to pick out a free comic book (or a couple, possibly) from a selection released by a number of publishers.

There are all-ages reads. One year I was introduced to Owly, by Andy Runton. http://www.andyrunton.com/word/wordpress/2009/owly-says-read/

There are standard superhero fair from Marvel and DC. And lots of stuff from smaller publishers as well.

If anything, it reminds me of my youth of going to Andy's House of Frank (I don't quite get the name), in Clackamas where Andy would cut my hair. For some reason he had a stack of old Darkhorse Comics and a few DC issues. I remember being introduced to Flaming Carrot and to Concrete at that point in time. And getting a high-top fade that I still regret to this day...


I will be visiting my favorite local comic book shop, Bridge City Comics http://www.bridgecitycomics.com/ where Michael, Kamarin, Lucas, Michael and Nate will be hosting the fun. They are a wonderful group of people.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment