Authorship

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Today's Idle Thought...

Today's idle thought is simple and presented as thus: We need a Matador Painting Revival…like Right Now!


While it seems to be a self mocking tradition to paint birds on things in the Pacific Northwest (and observation made long before a recent television show made a meme of it), and to also make crappy artwork on skateboard decks, I truly believe it's time to bring back this once favored artistic tradition.

Back in the glory days of my freshman year of college, my buddy had a giant matador painting. The band we were in even wrote a song about it. I can't remember what it was about, but I remember the title of the song actually had more words than the actual song itself and that it included some vague references to Dan Rather and botulism. I also have no idea what happened to that painting. 

So this is a call to all the artists out there. Make something with a Matador on it. If you send me a picture I will post it on the Wonderful World of Clutter.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment