Authorship

Monday, April 27, 2009

Comic Book Heroes...

Let the nerdery ensue...

This is from my trip to the Emerald City Comicon:

This is Mr. Mark Waid and me being a geek. He was very nice and he signed my copy of the "Life Story of the Flash." Mr Waid is current EIC of Boom Studios, has written The Legion of Super Heroes, helped with 52, The Flash, and numerous other titles.


This was my favorite moment during the whole trip. Mr. Art Baltazar is Drawing my favorite Marvelcharacter for me, Thanos. Mr. Baltazar is currently nominated with his collaborator Frank for an Eisner fortheir work on Tiny Titans, which is by far the best comic book out on the market today.


A short quick story: While I was standing in line talking about the Legion of Super Pets, seriously, I wasstarted talking to my friend Ema (next photograph) about how amazing Tiny Titans is. Basically once amonth, when Tiny Titans comes out I pick it up from Bridge City Comics, my local Comic Book Shop, andread the issue at my neighborhood bar, The B-Side. I typically giggle like a bunch while reading and myfriends who area bunch of regular non-comic reading barflies look at mereading a book intended for kidsand ask, "What are you laughing at?"Of couse I have to say, "Tiny Titans, Ah YEAH!" But they don't get it.


Back off Fanboys, Ema has a kickass boyfriend who is in a rock-and-roll band. And she will kick your asstoo! Basically she is a saint for letting me be a geek and coming to the con with me. A long term friend andpen pal in Seattle. Ema Rocks! Me I am staring off into space or someplace...
And finally, Dan DiDio.


And me wearing a Wonder Woman tiara...
Mr. DiDio was very pleasant, and actually wasn't supposed to be at the convention, so it was a surprise tosee him. And that helet me have his picture taken with him.

1 comment: