Authorship

Monday, May 2, 2011

Singing Songs of Love, Hope, Surfing, and Iambing

As promised, here are the first two videos from the album, "Patrick Sings Farewell."

The first song is a symbolic tribute to taking flight, as the introduction to the video explains, and is a proud declaration that a certain word, "Bird," happens to be the word.  The following song is a proclomation of identity of saying, "I Am." Well, actually, of having said "I Am," to inanimate objects such as chairs. While Neil Diamond likes to make such self-assured statements to furniture, I will never know. But for me, I was to proudly to declare that "I Am the Bird," or something like that.

I wish I could say that there were fancy live videos to the singing portion of the song, but there aren't. Just a black screen, a future unknown. It's poetry, I think.





No comments:

Post a Comment