Authorship

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Old Portland: The Timber Topper

I came across this piece of ephemera at an estate sale a few weeks back and forgot to post it up until now. Admittedly, I don't know much about the history of the Timber Topper. But from looking at this brochure of the restaurant, it looks like one of those lost relics of the 50s era dining experiences, where even finer establishments could have a theme to it, a la Trader Vics.

Now, if memory serves, this place was in existence up until the 80s but I may be wrong. I have vague recollection of something like this from my childhood. It was located it the Hotel Washington, or Washington Hotel (depends on Sources). Unfortunately, I cannot find the location of the hotel and this long lost restaurant for the life of me. And so we are left with this odd relic.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment